A steam vaporizer is widely known as steam therapy that gives warm and humid mist that is easily absorbed by the nostrils. It helps in relieving respiratory conditions such as congestion, blocked nasal passages, asthma, common cold, and even nose-related issues.
Steam inhalation is not something that cures the infection of cold and cough, but It provides instant relief from cough, cold, and allergies. It clears your nasal passages while your body is fighting off the infection. Steam inhalation is a home remedy and can be treated as a priority treatment for various cold-cough infections.
When should I use a steam vaporizer?
The steam vaporizer is an all-famous steam therapy that is used for various purposes in daily life. It doesn’t always have to be used for any respiratory issue but people use it for other purposes too. There can be many symptoms where using a steam vaporizer might be the only way of course for improvement. Some of the reasons are listed below
- Dry throat
- Breathing problems
- Irritated nasal passages
- Mild cough and cold
What are the benefits of the steam vaporizer?
A steam vaporizer is something you can count upon as it provides relief from various symptoms. Steam therapy is being used for so many years for its benefits, such as:
- For the betterment of sore throat
- To relieve one from congestion
- Make mucus thin so that nasal passages are easily cleared
- To ease cold in changing seasons
- Helps in avoiding bronchitis if used regularly
- Provides moisture to the skin, keeping it healthy
How to do steam therapy?
Steam therapy is widely used to relieve ailments like sinus, congestion, cold, throat irritation, or even the inclining coronavirus. There are different types of processes to inhale steam, one is the traditional method with hot water in utensils and another one is the modern technology ie. the steam vaporizer. Directions for both the techniques are explained below-
The traditional method for steam inhalation
- Heat up the water in a large bowl or pan to a boiling temperature
- Cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam from the bowl
- Shut your eyes and keep your face at a distance of about 8-12 inches from the water
- Inhale with a deep breath through your nose for few about 5-10 mins
- Be careful to avoid any direct contact with hot water
But with modern times, Modern technology has come. A safer and better alternative for steam therapy has emerged namely, electronic steam vaporizers. Nowadays, it is one of the most used methods due to its convenience and effectiveness.
Electronic steam vaporizer
- Fill up the container with water and plug the cord
- It comes with a mask for more effective use hence no towel is needed
- Its made of a plastic body so, it is completely shockproof
- It comes with a long cord, so can be kept at a convenient distance and used comfortably
How to be safe while using steam therapy?
The steam vaporizer is considered a non-invasive, trusted home remedy. But it all depends on the way it is used. Caution can either be related to the mistreatment of the equipment or discomfort in health. We’ve some of the tips listed below that one taking steam therapy should keep in mind
- Be careful not to spill the hot water while doing steam therapy with an open vessel, causing burns.
- Don’t shake or move the bowl.
- If you experience any discomfort, stop doing steam therapy.
- If giving steam to children, it must be done under adult supervision.
According to the reports, it came to notice that severe skin burns were caused by the hot water of steam therapy and this is why it is advised to buy advanced steam vaporizers. There are different types of steam vaporizers currently available in the market and have specific features for the convenience of the people. Some of them have even timers and automated power cuts so that water doesn’t get too hot. Having a full plastic body to avoid shock and a fully secured lock of all the parts helps avoid any mishappening. A steam vaporizer is a must-have at home, it’s that one piece of equipment that can prevent diseases and provide a cure at an early stage. If you experience any kind of discomfort while using it, discontinue it. On the other hand, if symptoms don’t improve then one should consult a doctor at the earliest.